Discover the therapeutic craft of needle felting with Hawthorn's Baby Penguin needle felting kit. If you’ve never picked up a felting needle before, let their detailed step-by-step instructions guide you, showing you how to turn the loose fluffy British wool into a wool sculpture you can be proud of.
This kit will take the average beginner about 2-4 hours to make, offering a wonderful way to relax after a long day at a computer or with the kids. Once you’ve completed one of Hawthorn's needle felting kits, you will have all the basic techniques and skills needed to continue with this calming craft.
- All Hawthorn kits are carefully packed by hand in their Dorset studio, supporting a small female-led business.
- Designer Stephanie has chosen the perfect British wools for felting. Where we can’t find British wool, they have included small amounts of ethically sourced Merino wool.
- Step-by-step photo instructions guide you from start to finish, and video tutorials offer additional insights into the basic techniques for all our kits.
- Every kit includes 2x stainless steel German made felting needles in a secure holder to keep them safe from small hands or pets.
- Add a foam block to give you the ideal working surface for needle felting, protecting the needles and your table or lap. One foam block will last for at least 40 smaller projects.
- Gift the complete kit to a craft-loving friend, or wrap up your own finished piece as a lovingly handmade present.
- We recommend adult supervision for anyone under the age of 12 due to the sharp needles included.
Every kit contains:
British wool in a variety of breeds and colours
2x felting needles in a secure holder
Detailed instructions with 12 step by step photos
Beautiful gift box
You will also need:
Foam block working surface (optional extra to add when ordering)