The Christmas stocking has long been a favorite knitting project and is a great way to learn how to knit with two or more colors. Stranded knitting (sometimes called fair isle) is a knitting technique used to create patterns using multiple colors of yarn which makes your knitting look quite complex...but don't be fooled! only two colors are used in any given row.
Prerequisites: Must know how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off and be comfortable working in the round
Skills Taught: stranded knitting , yarn dominance, and how to weave in floats.
Class is two 2 hr sessions
Materials (to be purchased at GarenHuis Yarn Studio):
- One stocking pattern from Cindy Steinberg's Ravelry Store (we'll help you get this in the store)
- One skein each of worsted weight yarn in 3 colors (traditionally red, green and natural, however feel free to be creative!)
- size 6 16" circular needle or 32" circular if using Magic Loop
- size 8 16" circular needle or 32" circular if using Magic Loop
- size 8 double point needles (unless using Magic Loop)
- Notions: Blunt tip tapestry needle.
HOMEWORK: To be done before first class! Purchase materials and knit stocking to the first stripe.
Click here to download PDF Class Information Sheet
To register: Select your preferred class time and add to your cart and checkout online or call us at (616) 294-3492