This series is tailored for you! After you choose your favorite sweater pattern this class will guide you through all the steps necessary for knitting a sweater that fits. We will start by considering yarn fibers and weights, move to size and fit, learn the importance of making a gauge swatch, cover techniques, and finally we will focus on finishing and care of garment. The class will concentrate on sweater basics as well as provide individual instruction.
Prerequisites: The student must be able to cast on, knit, purl and bind off as well as have some previous experience knitting and completing a project.
Skills Taught: Sweater construction, checking gauge, pattern reading, techniques, and
Thursday, May 27, June 10, 24, July 8 and 22
Time: 10:00am - 12:00noon
3 ways to register:
- Add this class, and the corresponding starting date, to your cart and checkout online
- Stop in the store and we will take your order in person
- Call us at (616) 294-3492
Materials: To be purchased at GarenHuis Yarn Studio.
- Pattern of your choosing. Please select and purchase your pattern prior to first class.
- Yarn to be purchased after first class.
Homework: Bring a favorite sweater from home with you to our first class. Also, choose
your pattern and bring two copies of it to the first class.