Family Tree Baby Handknit Cardigan Kit Shaniko Wool
A classic baby sweater with a pattern for sizes 12 and 24 month. This design includes a small embroidery of a simple tree—a unifying symbol that can be placed on each design. A reeling of US Shetland wool for the embroidery and graph is included in the kit.This Sport Weight Wool is soft, warm and washable. It is perfect for your baby or your toddler.
- U.S. Shaniko Washable Sport Weight Wool - two balls 3.5 oz / 100 gr / 263 yds /224 m each
- one yd / 0.98 m reeling of U.S. Shetland Wool for embroidery
You Will Also Need (not included):
- Size US 6 (5.5mm) 16" or larger circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size US 6 (5.5mm) dpns (for sleeves)
- Stitch markers
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- Tapestry needle
This raglan-sleeved sweater is worked bottom up. Body is cast on and worked seamlessly to the armhole. Sleeves are each worked separately (in the round) up to the underarm, then joined with the body to finish the sweater in one piece up to the neckline. The collar is picked up from the bound-off neck edge.
Skill level: Intermediate
Size: 30" wide x 34" long washed & blocked
Gauge:18 sts and 25 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch, washed